So, I'm 31, and way excited to be here! Here is a picture of us on our walk at USU. I love to walk there as part of my birthday celebration--I love that campus! It brings back so many happy memories for me. The girls always have a lot of fun, too. I'm hoping it's doing something in the way of brainwashing them to go to college ;)
Jared always makes me a super delicious birthday cake, of my choice. This year, I chose raisin tarts. My Aunt Ann used to make them when I was little. (She has since passed away.) With a little work, I was able to hunt down the recipe. This picture of Nora says it all--they are still SOoOooo nUMmy! And I didn't even like raisins as a kid. Thanks Jared!
Ooh, ooh, and here is the exciting part--my present! I got a hankering to bonsai a while back, and it hasn't left. Here's my big chance! Jared and I have looked at many-a bonsai online, and we both loved the Junipers. What I wasn't expecting, was the my Lia would love it so much--look at that girl! She is not posing for the camera. She was ENAMORED with the tree from the minute she saw it. I should have seen it coming, because she loves all living things deeply. See the next picture for proof, another from our walk on campus.
And here is a proper photo of my tree, in all it's beauty. My bonsai books are on the way! Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment