3.28.2012

Nora turned six years old on the ninth.  She has been planning her birthday party since her fifth birthday was over.  Just to give you an idea of what this meant, she decided on what her cake would be like about 20 times during the year.  As time wound down, she finalized her plans and the RAINBOW party was born!  Because she is so into parties and is willing to put in a lot of work, I went all out for her--well, as all out as I go.  The decor was $5.  I hope you all like seeing it, as it was a big pain to put up!  My favorite is the rainbow we made from construction paper and put up with a million pieces of sticky tack. 


(I must insert that you are looking at my BRAND NEW COUCH!!!!  After 12 years of marriage, we finally got a real couch of our own.  Oh happy day!  *sigh*  Oh, also some of you will want to see the baby gate by the stairs, that Jared built, in all it's awesomeness!)



 It's ironic that Nora is in a white shirt for most of these pictures . . . . 


 Nora ended up with three parties.  This was taken for the Weston family party.  We had decorated the cake for this one.  Nora and I spent a million years looking at rainbow cakes on pinterest.  She was super happy with the way it turned out.  I was DANG ticked off by the time it was done.  I am out of practice and found it super frustrating.  I'm just glad Nora liked it.



There was also a Nyman family party, since we planned a trip down to meet new cousin Xander on Nora's birthday! Isn't he adorable?!  I just loved him up.  (Lia is looking pretty cute, herself :)


 Nora at her very first friend party!  She LOVED it and they all had a great time.  The rainbow theme turned out to be really easy for games and favors, etc.  



I adore this little girl.  Happy six, Miss Mae.  Have a great year, planning for the seventh :)

No comments: