4.30.2012

Why have I turned over this new leaf--posting to my blog twice in one day?  Well there are a few reasons.  First, I decided that since I feel pretty lousy this morning, I should do something other than my usual slaving away on the house.  Second, this week is Porter's FIRST birthday!  If I were behind on my posts, I likely wouldn't get that on my blog for months to come :)  We can't have that, can we?  So please enjoy some photos!

 Here's my baby, just being cute.  


 Welcome to my General Conference store!  This conference, I really wanted to make my girls work for their treats and prizes, so I made a store, complete with an open/closed sign.  (This was to ensure that Nora didn't plague me for treats during the talks.)  The store was a big hit!  I printed conference packets for the girls, and paid them with beans for finishing pages or taking notes.  They both really got into it, mainly because they wanted to be able to buy each and every color of pens that I had in my store--and there were 10 colors.  (You can see them next to the pencils at the far left.)  This was the store's second day, and the big purchases are now gone--purses, notebooks, and such.  My girls just love conference.  It is so gratifying to hear them get all excited about it!




Conference day snuggles with Daddy.  I love this picture!

 Happy Easter!  What a great thing it is to celebrate Jesus, without all the buildup and clutter of Christmas.  I think Easter is becoming my favorite holiday.  Apparently, I was enjoying it too much to take any pictures, because this is one of the few I got--baby Port with his new book from his Easter basket.  His three eggs were filled with one raisin each :) 


Jared and his Dad participated in a Duathalon.  He ran, and Dan biked.  I have no idea how a duathalon is different from a biathalon, so if you wonder that, go ahead and google it :) Low and behold, THEY WON!  Lia and Nora were BURSTING with pride!  They think their daddy is amazing.  Way to go, Jared!

No comments: