6.25.2012

On Memorial weekend, we made the bold move to head to Hogle Zoo.  The girls had filled up their bean bank again, and this was their location of choice.  We once visited the Columbus, OH zoo on Memorial Day weekend, and we SWORE never to do such a foolish thing again!  (So much for swearing.)  As Saturday approached, the weather looked pretty nasty, but we stalwartly kept our plans, heading out in a rain storm.  In Brigham, we stopped at Walmart for ponchos and an umbrella.  And old guy in line behind Jared looked at his loot and said, "Wherever you're going, I feel bad for you." 

It rained all the way to the zoo, and happily let up just after we'd entered the gates and visited the little girls' room!  It was chilly, to say the least, but we weren't wet.  It turned out to be very much to our advantage, for the zoo was mostly empty--Memorial Day crisis avoided--fyoosh! 


 

Little Porter was SO cute--he loved the zoo!  He loved looking at all the animals, and kept making his sign for "want"--pointing at the animals, and then pointing to himself.  Cute little guy.







Dang cute girls on the rhino.

Lia and Nora got surprised by this elephant spraying and wouldn't get in this picture-- ha, ha!


 Jared is so much fun at the zoo.  The first time we went, it was the second year of our marriage.  I wanted to go for my birthday.  I was SHOCKED to find that Jared was SERIOUS about seeing each and every animal!  I thought I might have to drag him around, but it was almost the other way around ;)  Since then we've made an effort to visit zoos in every area where we've lived.  It's been a fun tradition. 

No comments: