7.21.2012

I doubt this post will be of much interest to any of you who don't know Melanie, my most amazing, wonderful friend who (sadly) still lives in Ohio. Nonetheless, this is a blog-worthy moment, so blog I shall!  

Last Saturday was my lucky day--my good friend Melanie and her family came to stay with us that afternoon and left the next morning.  Everyone had a really nice time (except maybe Elyse, the 2 year old).  Melanie had three kids when we moved from Ohio, but now they have six!  She and Kirk had adopted Maddie and Alexa after figuring they'd never have their own children, but the last four kids have proved that wrong.  There is only one boy in the lot, but he doesn't realize he's a lonely little guy.  That's four kids under five, if anyone's counting--yikes!

Before they took off, we tortured all the children (and one adult in particular, who shall remain nameless) by making them get a million pictures together.  








 When they pulled away, I looked at the five of us standing in the driveway, and we just seemed so small.  It was a sad feeling. I love my Mel--I REALLY love my Mel!  Thanks so much for coming to stay, Stucki's!  Don't be strangers!

No comments: