9.16.2012

Really?  It's the middle of September and I've neglected my blog, yet again.  Really neglected.  Cause usually I only neglect it for a month at a time, and without this pitiful post, which hardly even counts, it would have been much longer.  And it's not that I don't have interesting things to put on it.  It's just that I'm short on time and/or motivation to do anything extra.  (Porter has other plans, mark my words!) 

Does anyone else do this thing where you go in spurts?  I'll do really well at updating my blog, till something else HAS to be done.  Then I'll move onto that thing--say picking and freezing the beans and/or my Young Women's lesson.  Then I'll move onto the next thing, which would probably be my repeatedly neglected house work, since I spent the last two or three weeks ignoring it while doing other things.  (Yet, the laundry and the dishes power through, ever the squeaky wheels.)  Then I get into a rut in which I hardly dare to start anything, for fear that I shouldn't be doing it, or that Porter will destroy something while I'm at it, or worse yet, I just won't have time to finish it--gasp!   (Oh the horrors of a blue personality!)

This week I have my most coveted morning of the month:  Craft Morning (cue the choir)!  Did you see how I capitalized it?  It deserves to be capitalized!  It's that little block of time that brings back my creativity in this craziness called life.  That short time is a reminder that--YES, I can take an hour or two to do something that I love, and--NO, it's not always a guilty pleasure.  I have to thank my sweet friend Aubrey for instigating Craft Morning.  She gave me permission!  And after it's over, suddenly that wisdom and order thing comes back into my life and I get more done. 

Funny what a little piece of happiness will do for you, right?




No comments: