10.12.2012

The Fourth Bit, in which Katie's lips see some action:

We hadn't been together for too long before I had the very most embarrassing moment of my life.  We were at an institute dance--a real one for which we had dressed up pretty.  There was a dinner planned before the dance.  In between the two, all the guys were putting away chairs and all the girls were forming the world's longest line for the restroom.  Oh, in case you didn't know, I am WAY smarter than the average girl, and being so, I headed to a bathroom in a different part of the building where I knew there would be no line.  It got really dark as I headed over there--as in pitch black.  But I was sure I knew the way, and didn't worry about the fact that I couldn't see anything.  A locked glass door threw a hitch in my plans as I rammed into it (I walk with purpose!), hitting my nose and lips first.  It hurt.  A lot.  And there was blood.  Not a lot--but any was too much.  My first realization after "Ow," and "Bleeding," was that I had to go find my date--GASP!  Thank goodness it was Jared and we were by now really good friends!

He was so nice about it.  But he did tell his Mom later, who apparently had the chuckle of her life.  (Thanks for that, JD.)

Once my enormous fat lips had healed, I put them right back to work.  Our ward was having a talent show.  My roommates and I and our friends upstairs , Tami and Liz, were planning to sing this goofy song about dating, put to Little Mermaid music.  We were all dressed in our jammies; can't remember why.  Our song was a smashing success!

Unbeknownst to me, Suzy had gotten Becky, Tami, and Liz together to sing a second song after we were done.  I was on my way back to my seat when it began.

"There you see her, sitting there across the 'A'...."

At this point, a table with a block "A" attached to it materialized from thin air.  Immediately, I knew what was going to happen.  (At Utah State, you become a "true Aggie" by kissing someone atop "the A".)  While turning beet red, I saw Jared, donning his tie-dyed shirt (We were serious about tie dye, for some reason), slowly making his way to the front of the room.

When he got there, he pulled me up on the table with him, and whispered in my ear, "I'm not really going to kiss you."  Relief flooded over me!  (We hadn't gotten that far, yet.)  He dipped me low and faked a kiss.

A girl on the front row asked, "How much did you pay that guy?"

Later that evening, I told Jared I was ready for our second kiss.  I have to say that it was quite enjoyable.  And no worries, we became real True Aggies, later on.



Once upon a time I was a crazy scrapbook person.  I decided to give you the whole page to check out; lucky you!  Unfortunately, I wrote in silver or you could have actually read it.

 

No comments: