5.04.2012

Last year, after Porter's home birth, Jared was excited to plant the placenta--an idea from a birth class that I attended--and Jared later read the Cliff's Notes on.  Any of you who know Jared well won't be shocked that he wanted to plant something :)  We decided to plant a lilac bush over it, since we've been meaning to buy one for years now, anyway.  I was so excited to see that it was going to bloom this year, but was amazed when I realized that those lovely blossoms would open right in time for Porter's first birthday!  I couldn't have planned it if I had tried. 

Porter doesn't really care about his lilac bush blooming.  I kind of wish I could have done this for Lia, who practically came out holding a flower :)

I wanted a picture with the three of us together, but we had to settle to get them separate.  (Okay, so I was just lazy and didn't want to locate and set up the tripod.)  But just imagine that we're together, because I couldn't have made this awesome little guy without my awesome big guy.  I love my boys! 

No comments: