3.06.2013

lucky 13

Once upon a time, I hated every one of the buttons trailing down the back of my wedding gown.  But alterations were costly, and I had already insisted on having one done.  In order to save my parent's some money, I told myself I could live with the buttons.  It was really pretty easy, since I couldn't see them while wearing my dress.

As you might guess by the following picture, today I am oh-so glad I did not insist on having these lovely buttons removed.  Every year on March 3 (excepting those within 12 months of child birth), I pull out my dress to revel in its lovely weight and glossy folds. The good times might be coming to an end (though I terribly hope not), as this time around my ribs found cramped quarters in the bodice.  Happily, with a little help, the zipper still made it up.  But gone are the days when it fit like a glove.  My small sadness of a tight dress, however, is replaced by thirteen years with my Jared, three amazing kids, and living an uplifted life. Put those on the scale, and I will most definitely take the spread ribs. 






Most years, our anniversary is low-key, in marked degree.  This year, I wanted an anniversary to remember.  Since Jared's mom would be out-of-town and unable to take the kids, I opted for an in-town getaway, and enlisted the help of my brother, Dave.  Accordingly, I began looking at all the bed and breakfasts in Cache Valley . . . and decided I am way too cheap to fork out that kind of money for an anniversary . . . which is why we always have the low-key variety.  Luckily for us, Jared is not at all opposed to paying for a little excitement.  Accordingly, we booked a room at the Providence Inn.  Might I say that this is not a sponsored post, but I have NEVER enjoyed a stay more than I did right here in our home town!  Cookies and milk at midnight was just one of the little perks that made a simple night extraordinary. 






Thirteen years together, and the best is yet to come . . . spread ribs and all.  I love you Jared.





No comments: