5.29.2013

something new

First,  a big thanks to my two trusty readers.  See how motivating your cheers were?  I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I had a smattering of pictures picked out for the blog, which I've been sitting on for months.  While looking thru them, I noticed that they all had something in common:  newness.  Please, read on. . . .

This, my friends, is the world's greatest mop that $35 can buy.  The back story is that I have longed for the $100 version of this tool (available from Norwex) for over a year.  One day, while relating the sad tale of how I would never spend $100 on a mop to my very good friend, Aubrey, she mentioned that she had a mop just like that and it only cost 1/3 of the price.  We made the trip over to Don Aslett's and bought said mop that very day.  Look, Porter knows how neat it is, too!



This is what Santa brought our kiddos for Christmas.  When spring peaked out it's lovely head in March, Nora was on the phone with her Daddy to get this set up.  (He was already planning to set it up that evening, anyway, what a nice coincidence.)  Best present ever!



The new teeth are still coming. . . .


Lia turned on the responsibility, which apparently she does have in her, and with the help of three other girls on her team, won the 4th grade Geography Bowl!  She says they won, which means they took 2nd place--that's my glass-half-full girl!  Her team went on to compete with Thomas Edison's North campus, where they again took 2nd place.  She was ultra pleased that all her hard work earned her these shiny new medals--as well as some new-found self-respect!



Horror struck the Weston household in March, when our source for raw cow milk dried up--GASP!  I felt like such a traitor, as I covertly placed gallon after gallon of milk in my cart at the grocery store.  Oh the shame of it!  Luckily for us, my brother and sister-in-law's family were in the same boat, and decided to take the offensive.  That is how we ended up as duel owners of a mama and baby goat.  Mama goat came with the name Symphony, and we decided to keep with the musical theme for the baby.  She is Serenade.  The milk is oh-so delicious, which is a great relief since we'd have to drink it, regardless of how we liked it  :)  Our goats are a breed called Lamancha, and have the tiniest ears.  I'll be honest, they are a little creepy looking.  But they are the friendliest, warmest creatures.  Lia and Serenade are two peas in a pod; oh how they love each other! 
   


I have finally made it--I've got my window!!!!!!!  Jared installed this, with a little help from his Dad.  We just need to paint and it'll be complete.  How did I handle spending all those years living in a cave?  The newness only lasted about two days, during which time a smile lit up my face when I entered the room, complementing nicely a room bathed in light. 


Life is good. 

No comments: