Thirty-five things you never realized you wanted to know about Katie:
1- When my Daddy's Boy sees a picture of someone crying, and he says, "He wants his MOM-my," well, that makes life very beautiful.
2- I helped a local farm to process over 100 chickens for sale (and our freezer) this fall, and found it very satisfying.
3- I can never get enough chips and salsa (in fact, I could do with some right now).
4- I make jell-o from scratch.
5- I like to go shopping alone.
6- One of my favorite possessions is my little bath table.
7- Another, my double dear skin moccasins.
8- I am making great strides at overcoming my germ phobia (Wahoo!).
9- I don't meet people well.
10- I always have obsessions.
11- My newest obsessions: Fermenting food, Iodine, and cool colors.
12- I just discovered (for a mere $8), that I am a "light summer", hence the cool color obsession.
13- I am working to give up sarcasm.
14- One of my most fulfilling pastimes is sitting in the sun with my bare (or moccasin-clad) feet on the earth.
15- I have had my current calling at church three times.
16- Fish, it's delish.
17- I am a very structured person--it's all about patterns and routines.
18- Not a huge fan of sweets.
19- My life will never be the same now that I've discovered oven-roasted tomatoes, mmmmm!
20- On my current wish list is a very expensive food dehydrator.
21- I render my own lard.
22- I love to buy books, non-fiction books.
23- Original Lays potato chips are totally tasty, when dipped in French's mustard.
24- I have successfully quit using the response, "your face", even though it is really, really fun (don't try it, you'll get hooked).
25- I don't have any pajamas that I like and am too cheap to buy any that I do.
26- Sometimes, in secret, I rock out to John Denver.
27- Thanks to homeschool, I am reading The Bible for the first time.
28- Also, Shakespeare.
29- I love trying new recipes.
30- I buy most of my clothes at thrift shops.
31- If I had no responsibilities, I would spend my life in the craft room.
32- In general, I keep rules.
33- If I weren't so cheap, I would fill my world with wool socks.
34- When driving, I refer to all other drivers on the road as, "George".
35- My favorite stranger is the UPS guy.
It's a beautiful day to be 35.

No comments:
Post a Comment