6.06.2013

a great day to be the mom

Day 7, and I am all caught up! 

Mother's Day came and went, and I had my usual mother's day thoughts, which this time around went something like this:  It was only a few year ago that I decided to stop feeling awkward about Mother's Day and just enjoy it.  But this was the first Mother's Day when I felt in my heart that I was truly doing all I could to be the best mother I could be.  (This is not to say that I don't have A LOT of room for improvement, because I do.  But it's nice to really be trying.)  Not a bit of the credit can I take, for it was my Heavenly Father who, patiently and without ever once throwing up His hands in defeat, showed me the way.  And that made it a very good day.

And now for the details....

I picked up some trout at the opening day of the gardeners market and was so glad that Jared volunteered to cook them for a Mother's Day meal.  Just look at them!  Mmmm, they were so good.  I had no idea Jared was going to be so good at cooking fish.  His carrots were also very delish, with butter, garlic, lemon and home-grown thyme.  I need to add here that although this was a nice meal and a great treat, I am no stranger to nice meals cooked by Jared.  I am giddy to have a husband who can cook!


 Jared got me the greatest gift--and I thought last year's bath caddy could never have an equal.  He had listened to me one day say how I wanted leather-soled shoes so that I could "earth" more easily.  (Earthing is the coolest, check it out!)   And he made it a reality.  And even though my little brother Dave says I'll have more friends if I call these moccasins, they are my earthing shoes. 

I'm a little worried about how quickly I'm going to wear these dear-skin soles out. 


I was further excited when I pulled out my Dressing Your Truth color swatch to find they are are almost a Type 4 color--good enough for this Type 4. (Dressing Your Truth is also the coolest, check it out!)

My girls absolutely showered me with the sweetest gifts!  Here are a few of my favorites (I got many more).

From Nora:



Lia's class in school made a book of poems about their Moms--words!  I love them all, especially these two:


(chuckle, chuckle!)

I didn't get a cute picture with my kids that day, so I'll just stick this one in here.  It's at least very cute of Lia--can't say much for the rest of us.  This is on Memorial Day at my Grandpa Nyman's bench (the coolest headstone, ever).  I love going there.  (Don't miss the little red hammer!)


Being a Mom to these three kiddos is pretty amazing.

No comments: